Homemade Strawberry & Meringue Ice Cream
250ml (1 cup) Cream
5 ml (1 tsp) Vanilla essence
15ml (1 tbsp) Icing Sugar
4 x Meringue Nests (ready made)
200g Chopped Strawberries
45ml (3 tbsp) Strawberry Jam
- Whip together cream & mascarpone, vanilla essence & icing sugar until thick.
- Break the meringues into the mixture and fold in.
- Mix together strawberries and jam and fold into the mixture.
- Line a bread tin with plastic wrap and scoop mixture into tins.
- Freeze until set, about 4 hours.
- To serve, place the bread tin in boiling water for 10 – 30 seconds until sides loosen up.
- Turn out onto a bread board. Use a warm knife and slice. Serve with a strawberry coulis or tuille biscuit.